All things in moderation. Except Badminton
Our objective is to keep fit, relax, and have fun together while playing Badminton
We love it when you RSVP together with guests to Badminton Night. Nothing is better than having our courts filled with people laughing and having a great time playing Badminton
Have a singles or doubles game of badminton with players from all levels – whether you are at Seriously Awesome level and are seeking skills improvement, or are playing leisurely
Stand a chance to win a badminton grip, shuttlecock keychain, or a pack of oreo for free during our sure-win-lucky draw!
We provide good quality shuttlecocks for every game. You will just need to RSVP and bring along your racket!
All of us are looking forward to seeing you at our games!
There will be a fee of $9 per person.
For the latest current news, join us in our Telegram Group Chat. Message us on Telegram here to be added to this Chat
Or just click this link https://t.me/racketcommunitygroup to join our Badminton Telegram Channel
TO HELP MAKE EVERY BADMINTON SESSION A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE:
RSVP ETIQUETTE FOR MEMBERS:
- Please RSVP responsibly and only if you are committed to turning up for the event
- Do refrain from changing your RSVP 24 hours before the event unless you can get a replacement and inform the organizer/host. Any withdrawal must be made 24 hours before the game session. Give other members a chance to join the session if you cannot make it
- As our games have a limited number of slots, any one RSVP player who is absent would mean depriving another player a chance to play. Therefore, we would like to maintain fairness in the RSVP system. For players who have RSVP’ed for games, no penalty will be incurred if a player withdraws earlier than 24 hours before the game. Full penalty of the session’s fees will be incurred if a RSVP player does not turn up for the game
- Please be responsible for your own RSVP as well as for any of your guest(s) if you are bringing them along. No-Show or failure to amend/cancel the RSVP 24 hours prior to the session will result in penalties such as being blacklisted and having outstanding payments. Members with No-Show more than once without valid reasons will be blacklisted. Subsequent sessions with us will be allowed only after payment for the No-Show has been made
- Un-RSVP before 24 hours from the start of the session, to be eligible for the waiver of a No-Show fee (the full fee of $6 or $7)
- If you and/or your guests give up your slot, please un-RSVP to remove yourself from the “Going” list
- If you are on the “Waiting List”, it is your responsibility to check if you have been allocated a slot before the game starts. Please check back nearer the event for your status. If you are unable to check back, please remove yourself from the waiting list. If you are on the waiting list and suddenly become a confirmed RSVP member, the host/organizer will consider you to have a confirmed RSVP slot for the session
- Members with repeated last-minute withdrawals within 24hrs from the game will not be allocated a slot for future rounds, in fairness to the organiser/event host and other members
- The organizer/host reserves all rights to amend the RSVP should any players fail to contact the host, and/or to balance the level of play
- The host may blacklist/ remove/ban members from future sessions should the host deem the member’s behaviour to be unacceptable and disruptive to the game session
- When you RSVP to our sessions, it means that you agree and will comply with our RSVP rules and regulations
- Members should exercise harmony at all times during the game sessions. We want everyone to enjoy the game
- Usage of shuttles is confined to courts booked by Racket Community. Members who wish to play in courts not booked by Racket Community organizers/hosts will need to use their own shuttlecocks. Kindly pass usable shuttles to the next group of players if the shuttles are still playable. Do not use the shuttles for warm-up. Please only change the shuttle only when necessary (eg when flight of the shuttle is off) to reduce wastage of shuttles
- Please wear non-marking badminton shoes and tighten your shoelaces for maximum foot protection. There had been occasions when the venue-owners had asked players to leave the courts because of inappropriate foot-wear
- Priority is given for doubles games. You will play in rotation with others, as we want to maximize the interactions between members. Friendship is highly valued in our group
- Members will therefor take turns to partner with different players with different skill levels
- If you are playing with/against a player that has lower standard in badminton than you, please be patient and friendly instead of being too competitive. We are all here to have fun while wanting to have a good workout from the game. Please try to be more understanding to players who have a lower skill level than yours and guide them along so that we all can have an enjoyable session. Make someone’s day, and not ruin it
- Participation in our events may involve physical exertion which may result in injuries or pose health risks to any participant. All participants are deemed to have agreed to indemnify Racket Community, our hosts and participating members from any liabilities and claims that may arise out of his/her participation in Racket Community events
Thanks, and let’s enjoy Badminton together
About some of our members:
The original informal group had about 40 members whose ages range from 8 to 54. We have good workouts together, and each week, we have a great time meeting new friends and having friendly chats when off the court
Helen wants to lose 3 more kilos and tone her muscles. She has lost 8 kilos so far
Francis is in his early 30’s and has a very demanding job. He plays badminton whether he’s had an exceptionally tough day at work, or when he knows that an active workout will make him feel happier
Stephan met Preeti through badminton, and they are now newly-weds
Choon runs about 2 km every day, and sees badminton as his “social game”, where he meets new and old friends over friendly matches
Betty looks forward to playing badminton at least once a week. As a housewife and a mother of 2 school-going children, she and her former classmates from secondary school catch up over badminton
Timings: After work, weekends depending on the availability of courts
Benefits: De-stress, socialize, have fun, play with like-minded new and old team-mates
Locations: Bedok, Tampines and other convenient venues
For Fun, Fitness and Friendship!!!
Our sessions are open to members of all skills levels
Unsure of your skill level?
In case you are wondering about the general levels of Badminton skills:
Beginner – Player who is new to Badminton. Low Beginner: Hit Rate above 50%
Mid Beginner – Player who knows the basic badminton rules, able to play simple point. Hit Rate above 70%
High Beginner – Player who starts to play using proper technique. Able to smash, drop and defend. Hit Rate above 80%
Low Intermediate – Player who is able to clear (forehand and backhand to baseline), drop and smash or defend. Hit Rate above 90%
Intermediate – Player who is able to move around the full court to retrieve the shots, generally able to play in a more competitive game setting. Hit Rate above 95%
High Intermediate – Player who has participated in local tournaments activities. Hit Rate 100%
Advanced – Player who is able to execute advanced tactics during matches, Competition-Level player, fully mastered all strokes
Just come and have fun. No pressure. We can learn as we play altogether! Our group loves to meet new people and new talents
How to get a discount!
If you choose to pay in advance, the price for a person will be lowered by $1! (Normal price is $9 but if you pay in advance its $8) If you have a guest and choose to pay in advance, it is only $8 per person! Please make payment via “PayLah” or “PayNow” at least one hour before the game to and send a screenshot to same number via Whatsapp, stating your name. For cash payment, please pay directly to the organizer/event host upon arrival. Exact amount is appreciated